Legalising the illegal
Under the new law, owners of illegal dwellings will have until the
end of November 2011, by which to file the initial application to
the Ministry of Environment. They will then have until December
22nd to pay the first monthly instalment of the fine, or they can
pay the entire amount in full and benefit from a 20% discount.
According to size, age, etc. of the illegal construction, the fee
ranges between 500 and 6,000 euros.
The process is in 5 steps as follows:
1. The civil engineer inspects the illegally built dwelling
2. The civil engineer has until November 30, 2011 to submit the
application and obtain the Special Reference Number for each
dwelling, the payment invoice for the fine and the payment plan.
3. The owner pays the fee at any bank or the Post Office.
4. The owner has until December 22, 2011, by which to pay the
first monthly instalment of the fine.
5. The civil engineer has until the end of March 2012 by which to
submit all the necessary documents to the Ministry of Environment
in order to finalise the legalisation procedure
For cost calculation or any further
Mobile: +30 6947139343